Please sign our petition.
OPERI is promoting a pilot program designed to shed light on the kind of education today’s children need, and on how to make it available to those who want it. Pursuing a 21st Century Learning Model describes the pilot. Although our efforts are focused on Ottawa, we encourage people in other places to do similar work for their communities. Signing our petition could strengthen the position of people anywhere to bring needed changes to their schools.
Below is a sampling of what some respected thinkers are saying about the current state of public education. The views of many more can be found through the OPERI Facebook group – OPERI – Public, the Twitter account @OttawaOperi and the OPERI blog. Please subscribe and encourage others to do likewise. Change happens when people get involved.
An Introduction to Forward Thinking People
By Ottawa Thinkers and Innovators
By Thinkers and Innovators in Other Places
- Will Richardson – 9 Elephants in the (Class)Room That Should “Unsettle” Us
- Team Kate – Chaos in the Classroom or a Resource-Starved Full-Inclusion Policy
- Sara – School adjustment symptoms. What is ‘normal’?
- Michael Reist – Too Many Kids Are Suffering At school
- Laura Grace Weldon – Five Ways to Transcend the School Mindset
- Parents speak – If you’re a parent, what issue/questions worry you most about the education of your kids?
- Luba Vangelova – Steve Hargadon: Escaping the Education Matrix
- Carlo Ricci – Journal of Unschooling and Alternative Learning