Special Event – HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
|A Screening of Beyond Measure|
|Hosted by the Churchill Alternative School Council
Date and time: November 9, 2016 at 7:00 PM
Place: Nepean High School Auditorium
574 Broadview Avenue, Ottawa, ON
|BUY YOUR TICKETS HERE|
The first Ottawa screening of Beyond Measure was hosted earlier this year. The following links will take you to audience comments arising from the film and some responses to those comments. You may also want to read What to Look For in Beyond Measure.
OPERI exists to build awareness about how children learn best, and how to accelerate the transition of public education to an emerging 21st century learning model that will better serves students and their communities.
Below is a sampling of what some of the most thoughtful people are saying about the current state of education and how it needs to change. The views of many more can be found through the OPERI Facebook group – OPERI – Public, the Twitter account @OttawaOperi and the OPERI blog. Please subscribe to these media and encourage others to do likewise. Change happens when people get involved.
OPERI is based in Ottawa, but it seeks to share and learn with other communities working to transform public education. Please let us know what you are doing in your community to help make change happen.
An Introduction to Forward Thinking People
- Abby Karos and André Morson
- Peter Gamwell
- Joel Westheimer
- Prince Ea
- Sir Jon Jones
- John Moravec and text of Manifesto 15
- Alfie Kohn
- Logan LaPlante
- Sir Ken Robinson
- Suli Breaks
- Rachel Roberts
- Noam Chomsky
- Peter Gray
- Judy Arnall
- Peter Hutton
- Robert Epstein
- John Gatto
- Sugata Mitra
- Gabor Mate
- Will Richardson – 9 Elephants in the (Class)Room That Should “Unsettle” Us
- Team Kate – Chaos in the Classroom or a Resource-Starved Full-Inclusion Policy
- Sara – School adjustment symptoms. What is ‘normal’?
- Michael Reist – Too Many Kids Are Suffering At school
- Laura Grace Weldon – Five Ways to Transcend the School Mindset
- Parents speak – If you’re a parent, what issue/questions worry you most about the education of your kids?
- Luba Vangelova – Steve Hargadon: Escaping the Education Matrix
- Carlo Ricci – Journal of Unschooling and Alternative Learning